Hello T.Bankz fam( Lmao! please I need a new way to start my blog post). How’s your week going?! So I didn’t put up a birthday post for my birthday which was on the 8th of this month and truthfully I really wanted to but I decided to take my time to put up a more life inspiring post about lessons I have learned in life. I turned 25 and let’s say to an extent I have experienced life, made mistakes and learned so much and below are 10 powerful lessons I’ve learned;
- Love yourself: I really can’t over emphasize the importance of loving yourself regardless of how you look and what’s going on in your life. It’s actually not easy to be in a place where you love yourself so much and don’t judge yourself or wish you were someone else but you can do it by consciously making an effort to love yourself. Loving yourself helps unlock so many things like clear skin (yes! I said it!), You’ll be motivated to do things and most likely succeed in all you do. So please love yourself!
- Forgiveness is a gift you give to yourself: You need to forgive yourself to be at peace, to be happy and to be able to sleep at night. If you hold on to the anger, resentment and hate towards someone, you will end up destroying yourself than the other person. I’m still learning this and hopefully I get to a place where I just forgive myself for doing things I’m not supposed to do or forgive people for hurting me so easily.
- Trust God always: There is a God and he loves you so much and wants the best for you. Always trust him even when things are not going your way because your way might not even be what’s the best for you. Always involve God in all you do and he will come through for you always!
- Patience is a virtue: Patience is truly a virtue and everything that’s happening is just a phase and it will pass. Even the richest man in the world passed through a phase where he didn’t have anything and was still struggling. If you’re still looking for a job, life partner, admission to uni, breakthrough in your business and it has not come, Be Patient because it will come at the right time.
- Even if it doesn’t work out, try again: If that business isn’t yielding income yet or your blog isn’t growing and everything you are trying isn’t working out, try again. I know it’s not as easy as I’m making it to be but a winner never quits no matter the number of times you try.
- Be yourself, Everone else is taken
- Friends come and go: Just because you were close with someone 5 years ago doesn’t mean you’re going to be close to them today and that’s okay. People change and so do relationships. One thing that has helped me move pass failed friendships and relationships is that God brought them to my life for a reason that i might not be aware of and when they are done with that work, he takes them out and that’s fine.
- If you’re not happy with yourself, you’ll never be happy in a relationship: If you intend to enter a relationship with someone so that they bring happiness your life when you are in a bad place then trust me it’s not going to work out. Be happy and love yourself and watch as the relationship grows with love and happiness. Don’t ever depend on anyone to be a source of your happiness because when that perosn leaves then you know what will happen next? You’ll be more miserable and we don’t want that to happen.
- Don’t have too much expectations: This is really tricky because to an extent you want to trust someone and hope they don’t fail you when you need them but on the other hand you don’t want to hurt yourself for trusting and having too much expectations when they disappoint. I still learning to balance it because I’ve being in a bad place when i expect someone to come through for me and they don’t. So now I’m trying not to have too much expectations and expect disappointments sometimes. I hope that makes sense Lol.
- If you don’t believe in yourself, nobody will.
I hope this post inspires you and helps you live through life. I’m still learning everyday but they have helped me.
What’s one major lesson that has helped you in life? Please share in the comment section so that everyone learns too. Have an amazing weekend and I specially want to thank everyone that showed me love on my birthday! I love and appreciate you.