Hello guys, how’s your week going?! I’m having a super stressed week and I just can’t wait for the weekend. I’m really excited I get to talk about this topic on the blog because I’ve been planning a vacation for a very long time but for some reasons I end up not going.
Vacations are supposed to be fun and relaxing but it’s hard to have fun when you’re constantly thinking of how you’re going to pay for it all. I also realized that I have been doing everything wrong and that’s why I haven’t been able to go on a vacation.
I know you’re wondering How to save for travel or for your next vacation so below are major strategies to help you finally go on that vacation;
- Figure out how much you need: This is the first thing to consider when planning a vacation. Find out how much the trip will cost because when you know how much you’ll need, it will help you save towards the trip and get really serious about going on vacation.
- Cut expenses and follow a budget: This is really important if you want to go on vacation. You’ll need to cut all expenses like for example If you always take a cab to work then you might need to start taking a bus to save cost. Cutting expenses and following a budget will help you so that you have enough money to plan your next vacation.
- Open a piggy bank/ dedicated savings account: Its advisable to set money aside each month for your trip. I personally set aside 10% of my monthly salary so that I can truly achieve my vacation plans. If opening a new account will be stressful then you can open a piggy bank account and have them debit your account with specific amounts weekly or monthly.
- Get specific about your monetary travel details: Alongside planning ahead of your trip, also try and estimate expenses you”ll have along the way. There are some cities that you might need to take a domestic flight to your vacation destination or take a bus after your flights and that is why it is advisable to check for Flight routes before planning your trip so that you don’t end up being stranded and you get the best option for flights to your destination.
- Look for cheap flights and flight deals: This is very important because most of us cancel on going on vacation because of how pricey getting a flight ticket can be. If you’re able to get deals on Cheap flights then you’re good to go because the money you will use to pay extra on flight tickets you can add to buy a beautiful dress or shoe on your trip. Also, if you intend going to Dubai very soon then you’re in luck because there are Cheap flights to Dubai thanks to the amazing people at travelstart Nigeria.
I hope this helps you plan for your next vacation and I personally can’t wait to go on my own trip too because all work and no play makes Thonia a dull girl Lol. If you have other tips on how to save for travel please share in the comment section as you know I love to hear from you. Have an amazing week ahead!