Hello darlings…. How have you been and hope the new month is treating you well?. It’s the month of love and if you’re active on Twitter then you’ll know that people have been tweeting about Valentine’s Day since January and most people have been dropping subs for what they want that day Incase their loved ones see the tweet (must be nice to have who to drop subs for o lol).
Galentine’s Day is a few years old but it’s an increasingly popular holiday. As the name suggests, it is a day for women to celebrate their female friendships and it usually occurs the day before Valentine’s Day so that women with significant others can still celebrate Val’s day. Galentine’s Day is celebrated every 13th of February and women across the world celebrate their female friendships that day because our female friendships are as important (if not more) than our romantic ones and they truly deserve to be celebrated.
This year I decided to collaborate with four amazing Nigerian bloggers (Oroma, Nnikky, Enkay and Lade) for a Galentine’s day shoot and it was such an amazing shoot and we talked about a lot of stuff, laughed a lot while shooting and basically had a nice time.
Galentine’s Day is the day to get all your girls together, have fun, share the love and reflect on your wins, struggles and discuss life generally. You’ll be shocked when you realize that your friend that is always uploading “peng” pictures online is actually going through a hard time and she knowing that she’s surrounded by people that love her and support her might just be all she needs to keep living.
So if you’re not sure of what to do with your girl squad this Galentine’s day don’t worry I’ve got you covered. Below are few things you can do to make your soul sisters feel special this Galentine’s Day:
- Share a feast; You could cook yourselves something really special and eat and just have a good time.
- Organize a movie night; You can organize a movie night at home and choose a movie that celebrate female friendships or women empowerment in general.
- Go out; Go for karaoke, sing, dance and let it be a proper girls day out.
- Go kart racing, Paintballing or any other activities people think women are too delicate for.
- Go for a girls day out: We all love a great girls dat out and you could go to the spa, go for dinner at a fancy restaurant, go clubbing or crash a party if it’s your thing.
- If you and your girls cannot be at the same place at the same time due to distance, work and other factors then you can FaceTime and send each other thoughtful and fancy gifts celebrating your friendship.
I wore this beautiful dress from @debikheri on Instagram and if you love it you should slide into her DM ASAP.
I hope you loved this post and if you have more Ideas of what to do on Galentine’s Day please share in the comment section.
Have an amazing week ahead.